My Ironic Carbon Footprint

Today, for the first time this year, I rode my bike to work.  Well, sort of.

I haven't been great about getting exercise in the now officially over off season.  So, I was leery of just heading out of my garage for the office.  From door to desk, it is 20 miles.  Instead, I loaded the bike into the car and drove to close to the top of the Lakeshore bike path.  For the locals, I parked at Lawrence.

Normally, I would take the train.  That would entail  a 2 mile car ride to the station.  Instead, I drove 10 miles to bike the rest of the way.  That means, I am using more fuel and creating more greenhouse gases by virtue of my half-commute by bike.

I felt lousy, by the way.  By the time I got to Addison, I was cursing myself for not taking better care of myself.  At North Ave., I was contemplating a rest stop at the chess pavilion.  But, I stuck it out and made it to the office just fine.  No taking the train home since my car is parked by the Lake, I need to ride back and retrieve it.

Comments

Matt said…
Age teaches one thing: any time on the bike is good time on the bike. Congrats on starting the season.

Popular posts from this blog

CAFC Decision in Double Invoicing Case

Target on Finality

CAFC: EAPA Process Really Does Violate Due Process