Nothing of Moment

I try and keep my off topic posts to a minimum. I've started using tags to let you skip what you may not find of interest.

At the same time, I have not posted much of late. So, to make up for that, here are some links I find interesting in their almost absurd focus on the narrowest of topics.

Project Posner: Do we need a searchable database of opinions by a single federal appellate judge? Last time I looked, Lexis and Westlaw would both do that with a simple search. Yes, I know that Project Posner is free. I also know he is a prolific writer with lots of fans. But think about the time, effort, and bandwidth involved. This smacks of someone with too much time on their hands. But, to redeem the project, I suggest you read this case in which the plaintiff tried to challenge the constitutionality of the ban on the importation of switchblade knives. Interesting reading for, as Judge Posner puts it, "aficionados of federal jurisdiction."

Bike Rack Blog: It is "A blog about the bike rack on West 21st Street between 8th and 9th Avenues in New York City." I like the zen of it.

Dracula in Real Time:
The original Stoker novel is written as journal entries. This blogger lays out the text in accordance with the calendar and has a community of folks reading along and commenting. Consider it an early Halloween present.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAFC Decision in Double Invoicing Case

EAPA Part 2 - What's The Problem?

Target on Finality