Animal Stories

If you grew up in Chicago and know what a "Boogie Check" is, click here to instantly feel old. You are the same people who see Bob Sirott on the 10:00 news and say, "How did that top-40 radio goof get on TV?" And, if you are anything like me, you have listened to Steve Dahl for more than 25 years; although now I tend to hear only the part from 6:55 to 7:00 when I get off the train and into my car.

So, for today's barely-on-topic post I have this animal story of a canine Amber Alert. I am not making fun of this story. CBP dogs are important tools in the fight against terrorism and smuggling--both drugs and people. I once had a client who was stopped while trying to leave the country without declaring that he was in possession of more than $10,000 in cash. CBP, it would seem, has cash sniffing dogs.

While I am not poking fun at the missing dog, it is interesting (at least to me) that this seems to be the number one CBP story of the moment. I suspect that goes to show something about the media's love of animal stories.

A CBP narcotics detection dog named Eddie is missing near the Canadian border with Montana. Apparently, Eddie's handler tripped and let go of the leash. Eddie ran a bit, startled some wildlife and took off in pursuit. If you live out that way, be on the look out for a 3-year old black and tan German Sheppard weighing 70 pounds. He has a number tattooed in his right ear.

I hope he'll be OK, Little Tommy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAFC Decision in Double Invoicing Case

EAPA Part 2 - What's The Problem?

Target on Finality