Friday Q&A

A lot of blogs set aside a day for a particular topic. I used to read a blog (before it got boring) that dedicated every Friday to a different philanthropy. Wayla-guy reviews the Sunday New York Times each week. Today, I am going to try and begin a habit of responding directly to search terms used by visitors to this site. These are not exactly questions, but I can generally figure out what was on that visitor's mind.

A lot of the search terms are repetitive and won't make for good posts. I am going to skip the most common search which is "customs law." Also, I am going to skip searches related to things I have recently blogged. So, that means I will skip discussing liquidation, the customs broker exam and Stuart Romm's laptop. Also, I will skip anything related to an off-topic post. That eliminates an unexpected number of visitors who have been looking for information on Kris Kristoferson and Felt F3C bicycles.

All of which leaves me with . . . Festive Articles. A lot of people (at least by my standards) have been searching for information regarding the tariff classification of festive articles and, in particular, the U.S. Court of International Trade's recent decision in Michael Simons Designs v. United States. But, I just blogged that! So, either I am keeping up with the online customs law zeitgeist, or people are finding my blog because of the stuff that is already here. Given the way search engines work, the latter is more likely the case.

Hmmm. Maybe this is a bad idea. We'll see if there is anything better by next Friday. In the meantime, feel free to post questions as comments or reach me via e-mail.

Comments

I liked your comment about Festive Articles. I agree with you that A lot of people have been searching for information regarding the tariff classification of festive articles and, in particular, the U.S. Court of International.Keep it up!

Popular posts from this blog

CAFC Decision in Double Invoicing Case

EAPA Part 2 - What's The Problem?

Target on Finality