Bad Parenting 101

Today is Saturday, but I needed to take care of some things at work. So, I rode into the office. I am not on the Lakeshore path very much on the weekends. All I can say is "Oh, the humanity!" There are too many people to ride comfortably. Including a bunch of groups of runners in training who seem not to understand the concept of "single file." I used to be one of them. I wish I could again, but my knees disagree. Now, I just want to get them the heck of what I call "the bike path."

I was going about 16 MPH when I came upon a knot of traffic. I slowed and discovered the slow down was caused by a small boy--maybe 6 years old--on a bike with training wheels following behind his Dad. Normally, that might be cute, but in traffic it was a bit dangerous. Still, we must share the trail and do so with a smile. I did exactly that with a polite "On your left," as I passed. But, to my horror, I discovered that the Dad, who was not wearing a helmet, was carrying a small girl--maybe four--on his handle bars. She also had no helmet. Yikes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes on Use and Classification

Cyber Power Decision Keeps the Lights On Origin

Mitigating 232 Penalties - I'm Back