News of Limited Interest

I took a few days to go sailing. My crew and I went from our home port north of Chicago to Racine, WI and then on to Milwaukee. On the way back, we stopped in Kenosha. Just a bit of rain and one day of no wind. Other than that, a good trip.

Kenosha turned out to be a surprise. I was expecting a somewhat depressed factory town but found a vibrant lakefront community with new museums and plenty of restaurants. If you happen to be in the area, don't miss Frank's Diner for breakfast. Just get there early.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Larry, I think all the news here is of limited interest. In fact, I'm pretty sure you could find more people interested in sailing and good restaurants than in Customs law.
Just out of curiousity, what kind of boat do you sail?
Larry said…
Nick:

A retroactive good luck on the bar.

My boat is an old 25' Catalina. Its in decent shape but still only marginally comfortable for three grown men, two of whom snore. If you are familiar with the layout, I sleep in the aft bunk below the starboard side of the cockpit. It is a bit like sleeping in a phone booth turned on its side.
Larry said…
One more thing, I have a picture of my boat docked in Chicago here.
Anonymous said…
Nice. I know nothing about sailing but I love boats and the water. What little sailing I've done was at summer camp. I'm more of a canoeing/ski boating/fishing kind of guy. Never was any good at knots.
Anonymous said…
Which port? Used to sail out of Great Lakes when I was in Chicago.

24' Farrier Tri-maran before you ask.
Larry said…
Wow, speedy boat. I sail out of Waukegan.
Anonymous said…
Sailed in and out of Waukegan a few times...may have passsed you at some point

Popular posts from this blog

CAFC Decision in Double Invoicing Case

EAPA Part 2 - What's The Problem?

Target on Finality