Default Penalties

I have spent considerable time trying to summarize United States v. Rupari Food Services. I have now come to the conclusion that we are all better off if I just don't. You can read it.

When you do, you will see that for a significant time during the litigation of this matter, I served as co-counsel to the defendant along with my friend Peter Quinter of GrayRobinson. At approximately the time that Rupari filed for bankruptcy protection, we were discharged by the client. The Court entered a default judgment on the basis of the facts asserted in the complaint and for the full amount claimed by the United States.

That's very likely the end to what is a monumentally sad case.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAFC Decision in Double Invoicing Case

Target on Finality

CAFC: EAPA Process Really Does Violate Due Process